Martindale SP79 Class 2 Sound Level Meter
Featuring A and C frequency weighting and fast and slow time weighting, the compact design can be handheld, or mounted on a tripod for longer term monitoring of Min / Max values. Detailed recording and analysis can be made using the AC and DC outputs.
The SP79 complies with BS EN 61672-1:2003 and is supplied with a detachable windshield and hard carry case. The large high contrast display includes both digital reading and analogue bar graph.
An optional sound level calibrator, Amprobe SM-CAL1 is available to verify accuracy before and after readings in accordance with international standards.
The SM-CAL1 is simple to use and provides a 1kHz reference at 94dB and 114dB.
SP79 Sound Meter Comes Supplied With:
- 1 x 9V battery
- Storage case
- All specified accuracies are at 23°C ± 5°C, <70% R.H. for 1 year.
- Temperature coefficient: 0.1 x (specified accuracy) per °C, (0°C to 18°C, 28°C to 50°C).
- Measuring level range: 32 – 130dB Frequency range: 20Hz – 8kHz Frequency weighting: A or C Level ranges: Lo: 30 – 90dB Med: 50 – 110dB Hi: 70 – 130dB
- Accuracy: ±1.4dB (at reference conditions)
- Dynamic range: 60dB
- Time weighting: Fast or slow
- Microphone: ½ inch electret condenser microphone
- AC output: 1 Vrms at full scale (full scale is the upper limit of the selected level range)
- DC output: 10mV/dB
- Display: Liquid crystal display Digital, 4 digits, updates 2/sec Bar-graph, 30 segments, updates 10/sec
- Power: 1 x 9V, PP3 alkaline battery (IEC 6LR61, NEDA 1604A)
- Continuous operating time: 60 hours typical (alkaline battery)
- Auto power off: after approx. 30 minutes
- Low battery indication: The [batt] symbol is displayed
- Dimensions: 258(L) x 55(W) x 25(D) mm
- Weight: Approx. 185g including battery
- Temperature: 0°C to 40°C Relative humidity: 10 to 90% R.H.
- Storage conditions: Temperature: -10°C to 60°C Relative humidity: 10 to 75% R.H.
- Complies with BS EN 61672-1 Class 2
- Conforms to BS EN 61326-1
Orders requiring calibrationWhilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Bank/Public HolidaysPredicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Temporarily revised June 2020)
Please note that regrettably, we have had to realign our delivery service options to those available from our carriers.
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
We have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience we know this will cause.
We look forward to restoring our full delivery service schedule just as soon as we are able.
Standard FREE 1-2 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £75.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Next Day Anytime Delivery (Excluding Saturday & Sunday) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Sent by express courier, delivered next day (excluding weekends) from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Orders must be placed before 3:00pm for a qualifying next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Because of the high cost of carriage, we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 2 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable E&OA