- Features & Specification
Fluke 805 Vibration Meter with Fluke Connect
The reliable, repeatable, accurate way to check bearings and overall vibration
The Fluke 805 is not a vibration pen; it’s a meter. A Fluke meter that eliminates the confusion of vibration screening and provides reliable measurements you can trust to make critical go or no-go maintenance decisions.
Fluke 805 Vibration Meter Comes Supplied With:
- USB cable
- Storage case
- Belt holster
- Quick reference guide
- CD-ROM (includes MS Excel template and documentation)
- Two (2) AA batteries
Make go or no-go maintenance decisions with confidence. The Fluke 805 Vibration Meter is the most reliable vibration screening device available for frontline mechanical troubleshooting teams that need repeatable, severity-scaled readings of overall vibration and bearing condition.
What makes the 805 the best choice?
- A meter – not a pen – that measures overall vibration as well as specific variables like bearing condition and temperature, to provide a more complete picture.
- A combination vibration and force sensor tip that compensates for user variance (force or angle) yielding accurate, repeatable readings.
- A four-level severity scale and onboard processor calculate bearing condition and overall vibration using easy-to-understand textual alerts (Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, Unacceptable).
- Sensor sensitivity can read a wide range of frequencies (10 to 1,000 Hz and 4,000 to 20,000 Hz) covering most machine and component types.
- Straight-forward user interface that minimizes the user inputs to RPM range and equipment type
- Innovative sensor design helps minimize measurement variations caused by device angle or contact pressure
- Consistent data quality at both low and high frequency ranges
- Four-level scale indicates severity of problems for overall vibration and bearing condition
- Exportable data via USB
- Trending in Microsoft® Excel using built-in templates
- Overall vibration measurement (10 Hz to 1,000 Hz) for acceleration, velocity and displacement units of measurement for a wide variety of machines
- Crest Factor+ provides reliable bearing assessment using direct sensor tip measurements between 4,000 Hz and 20,000 Hz
- Colored lighting system (green, red) and on-screen comments indicate how much pressure needs to be applied to take measurements
- Temperature measurement with Infrared Temperature Sensor increases diagnostic capabilities
- On-board memory holds up to 3,500 measurements
- Audio output for listening to bearing tones directly
- External accelerometer support for hard to reach locations
- Flashlight for viewing measurement locations in dark areas
- Large screen with high resolution for easy navigation and viewing
Use the 805 to check the following machine categories:
What is Crest Factor+?
Crest Factor+ is a new proprietary algorithm (or technology) that takes the confusion out of bearing assessment. The original Crest Factor is used by vibration analysts to identify bearing faults. It is defined as the ratio of the peak value/RMS value of a time domain vibration signal.
A key limitation of the original Crest Factor algorithm is that it does not increase linearly as the bearing degrades, making it very difficult to determine the severity of mechanical issues. In fact, the Crest Factor can actually decrease as a bearing nears catastrophic failure due to large RMS values.
In order to overcome this limitation, Fluke uses a proprietary algorithm known as Crest Factor+ (CF+). CF+ values range from 1 to 16. As the bearing condition worsens, the CF+ value increases, ensuring the user is easily able to recognize the severity of the problem. To make things even simpler, Fluke has also included a four-level severity scale that identifies the bearing health as Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory or Unacceptable.
Exporting and trending with the 805
Click to enlarge
Trending, or repeated vibration measurements kept in a spreadsheet over time, is the best method to track machine health. With 805 you can easily:
|Low frequency range (overall measurement)||10 Hz to 1,000 Hz|
|High frequency range (CF+ measurement)||4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz|
|Severity levels||Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, Unacceptable|
|Vibration limit||50 g peak (100 g peak-peak)|
|Signal to noise ratio||80 dB|
|Real time clock backup||Coin battery|
|Sensitivity||100 mV g ± 10%|
|Measurement range||0.01 g to 50 g|
|Low frequency range (overall measurement)||10 Hz to 1,000 Hz|
|High frequency range||4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz|
|Accuracy||At 100 Hz ± 5% of measured value|
Infrared Thermometer (Temperature Measurement)
|Range||-20 °C to 200 °C (-4 °F to 392 °F)|
|Accuracy||±2 °C (4 °F)|
|Focal length||Fixed, at ~3.8 cm (1.5")|
External SensorNote: Fluke supports but does not provide external sensors
|Frequency range||10 Hz to 1,000 Hz|
|Bias voltage (to supply power)||20 V dc to 22 V dc|
|Bias current (to supply power)||Maximum 5 mA|
|External interfaces||USB 2.0 (full speed) communication|
|Data capacity||Database on internal flash memory|
|Memory||Up to 3,500 measurements|
|Electrostatic discharge: burst||Standard EN 61000-4-2|
|Electromagnetic interference||Standard EN 61000-4-3|
|RE||Standard CISPR 11, Class A|
|Operating temperature||-20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-30 °C to 80 °C (-22 °F to 176 °F)|
|Operating humidity||10% to 95% RH
|Operating/storage altitude||Sea level to 3,048 meters (10,000 feet)|
|Vibration limit||500g peak|
|Drop test||1 meter|
|Battery type||AA (2)Lithium Iron Disulfide|
|Battery life||250 measurements|
|Size (L x W x H)||24.1 cm x 7.1 cm x 5.8 cm
(9.5 in x 2.8 in x 2.3 in)
|Weight||0.40 kg (0.89 lb)|
|Connectors||USB mini-B 7-pin, stereo audio output jack (3.5 mm Audio Plug), external sensor jack (SMB connector)|
Orders requiring calibrationWhilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Bank/Public HolidaysPredicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Temporarily revised June 2020)
Please note that regrettably, we have had to realign our delivery service options to those available from our carriers.
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
We have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience we know this will cause.
We look forward to restoring our full delivery service schedule just as soon as we are able.
Standard FREE 1-2 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £75.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Next Day Anytime Delivery (Excluding Saturday & Sunday) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Sent by express courier, delivered next day (excluding weekends) from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Orders must be placed before 3:00pm for a qualifying next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Because of the high cost of carriage, we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 2 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable E&OA