- Features & Specification
Fluke 279 FC/iflex TRMS Thermal Multimeter
Fluke 279 FC True-rms Thermal Multimeter helps you find, repair, validate, and report many electrical issues quickly so that you are confident problems are solved.
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots of high-voltage equipment and transformers, and detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches. Scanning with the 279 FC's thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
Compatible with iFlex® (a flexible current clamp) to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC). The large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The 10 hour+ rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
With built-in Fluke Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
- Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager
- 15 measurement functions including: voltage ac and dc, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, Min/Max/Avg, current ac with included iFlex current probe, frequency
- Low-pass filter for troubleshooting adjustable speed drives
- Thermal imaging reveals hots spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely
- Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity – no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera – so you can do more in less time!
- iFlex expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A ac)
- Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet / 6.1 m away (no obstructions)
- 102x77 image resolution offers immediate visual cues of hot, potentially troublesome areas
- 3.5 in /8.89 cm color LCD screen
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours) under normal conditions; a second battery option means you will always have a battery ready to install.
- Assembled in the USA
- Three year standard warranty
- Auto power off to save battery power
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
- Designed for durability, built to withstand a 3 m (9.8 ft) drop, double insulated with raised rubber holster for increased protection
The Fluke 279 FC TRMS Multimeter comes supplied with:
- Fluke 279 TRMS Thermal Multimeter
- 18" iflex flexible current probe
- TL75 Test Lead Set
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
ISSWWW and Fluke Instruments
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software.
Since its founding in 1948, Fluke has helped define and grow a unique technology market, providing testing and troubleshooting capabilities that have grown to mission critical status in manufacturing and service industries. Every new manufacturing plant, office, hospital, or facility built today represents another potential customer for Fluke products.
From industrial electronic installation, maintenance and service, to precision measurement and quality control, Fluke tools help keep business and industry around the globe up and running. Typical customers and users include technicians, engineers, metrologists, medical-device manufacturers, and computer network professionals, people who stake their reputations on their tools, and use tools to help extend their personal power and abilities.
Fluke are a founding core supplier of ISSWWW and we enjoy a personal and professional relationship with them. Our sales staff and our technicians are Fluke trained and we hold perhaps the largest stock of their products in the country. Our customers know that when it comes to Fluke products, we have not only the best prices but the best advice and support services, reassuring when you need to make that all important purchase.
Fluke 279 FC TRMS Thermal Multimeter
|Basic dc accuracy||0.09%|
|Bandwidth||1% 45 Hz to 65 Hz, full time low pass filter|
|Voltage||ac/dc 1000 V|
|Current ac||2500 A with included iFlex Flexible Current Probe|
|Continuity with beeper||Yes|
|Image capture frequency||8 Hz|
|Field of View||36° (w) x 27° (h)|
|Infrared spectral band||7.5 to 14 microns|
|Center point||Yes (with center point temp)|
|Focus mechanism||Fixed focus|
|Temperature Range (selectable °C and °F)||-10 °C to 200 °C (14 °F to 392 °F) Accuracy: ±5 °C (9 °F) or (±5% as tested)|
|Background compensation||20 °C fixed|
|Memory storage||Approximately 100 images (internal)|
|File format||Non-radiometric .is2
|Battery type||Rechargeable lithium ion battery (charge time: 4.5 hours)|
|Operating temperature||-10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F)|
|Storage temperature||-20 ºC to 60 ºC (-4 °F to 140 °F)|
|Relative humidity||0% to 90% (0 °C to 35 °C) (32 °F to 95 °F)
0% to 75% (35 °C to 40 °C) (95 °F to 104 °F)
0% to 45% (40 °C to 50 °C) (104 °F to 122 °F)
|Altitude||2,000 meters (6,561 feet)|
|Temperature coefficient||Add 0.1 x specified accuracy for each °C above 28 °C or below 18 °C (°F above 82 °F or below 64° F)|
|Ingress Protection||(IP) IP40 (non-operating)|
|Wireless frequency||2.4 GHz ISM Band, 20 meter range|
|Certifications||CE, CSA, FCC|
|Safety compliance||IEC 61010-1: Pollution degree 2; IEC 61010-2-033: CAT III 1000 V/CAT IV 600 V|
|Size||215.9 x 93.9 x 57.1 mm (8.5 x 3.7 x 2.25 in)|
|Weight||0.793 kg (1.75 lb)|
|Warranty||Limited three-year warranty|
Updated March 2021
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time so we have taken the decision to
temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down. We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologize unreservedly for the inconvenience we know it will cause.
Please note that ALL orders placed before 3:00pm are shipped same-day (unless additional services are required).
The stated transport times above have some scope for adjustment built-in for the Covid-19 situation. Carriers themselves also have their own extended workload and limitations at this time which are beyond our control.
Orders requiring calibration
Whilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Predicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Revised March 2021)
|Standard FREE 2-3 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - Order value OVER £75.00 ex VAT - Order by 3:0pm||FREE|
|Standard FREE 2-3 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - Order value UNDER £75.00 ex VAT - Order by 3:0pm||£4.75|
|Next WORKING Day (excludes Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - ANY order value - Order by 3:0pm||£7.75|
|Saturday ANYTIME Delivery - Order by 3:0pm||£9.95|
Because of the high cost of carriage, we regretfully need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 3-4 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable.