We are aware that our operations can have an impact on the environment and are therefore committed to:
- Increasing the positive environmental impact and seeking to reduce the negative environmental impact of our operations wherever possible.
- Complying with legislative and ethical standards concerning care of the environment.
- Sourcing and supplying products with low environmental impact wherever possible.
- Defining the methods for identification, control and disposal of products that have special handling and waste treatment needs.
- Continual environmental improvement in respect of the products we sell, our internal use of resources and prevention of pollution.
- Enquiries about any aspect of the environmental policies should be referred to any Manager or our Environmental Manager at Head Office.
WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment)
UK Test Instruments Ltd is both a "distributor" and a "producer" of WEEE. As a distributor under the WEEE regulations, we are obliged to provide the following information to customers:
- The symbol below on electrical and electronic equipment indicates that at the end of its life it should not be treated as normal household waste.
- Every year the UK throws away around 2 million tonnes of WEEE. If this waste is not disposed of correctly, there could be potential harm to your health and the environment.
- To ensure safe treatment and to increase re-use and recycling of material we offer in-store take-back for any waste electrical product. If you the purchaser/account holder are the end user of the product, this "like for like" (old for new) service is free.
- For more information about recycling WEEE, packaging materials and many other waste items, take a look at WasteConnect.
As a producer, UK Test Instruments Ltd has joined the WEEELink Producers Scheme and has been issued with the WEEE producer number. All WEEE for which UK Test Instruments Ltd is producer will be marked with the following logo: