- Features & Specification
Fluke VT04A Advanced Visual Infrared Thermometer
Detect issues instantly
Eliminate the need to search spot-by-spot for temperature-related issues. Combining the visual advantage of an infrared heat map with the portability of an infrared thermometer, the Fluke VT04A Visual IR Thermometer blends a visual image with a heat map overlay, so you can instantly see temperature patterns that may indicate a potential issue.
Small enough to fit in your pocket, intuitive enough to use right out of the box, affordable enough to outfit your entire team, the VT04A is the ideal frontline troubleshooting tool to detect and report potential issues and verify repairs have been made.
Fluke VT04A Kit Includes:
- VT04A Visual IR Thermometer
- Soft case
- Micro-SD card
- Micro-SD conversion adapter to standard
- AA batteries (4)
- Printed quick reference guides (English, French, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese)
Gain confidence in what you are measuring
Unlike traditional IR thermometers that show only an average temperature of an area that could include your target's background, the VT04A shows you the exact area your measurement is based on. The blended image on the VT04A enables you to instantly identify the location of the apparent hot and cold areas on your equipment. With the VT04A, you can see in one blended image what it would have taken many measurements with a spot IR thermometer to interpret.
Get the performance you need and the features you want
The VT04A Visual IR Thermometer offers a center-point temperature measurement with a range of -10°C to +250°C, hot and cold markers that track the hottest and coldest areas in your field of view, and a heat map that shows you the temperature pattern at a glance. It is focus-free and gives you an accurately aligned blended visual image and infrared heat map when closer than 23 cm from your target on NEAR mode and beyond on FAR mode.
The VT04A additionally offers temperature alarms and automated monitoring features that can alert you when a temperature is outside the expected range, enable you to monitor equipment over time, and give you insight into intermittent problems.
Capture an image with a push of a button, and save the image to your SD card. In the SmartView® reporting software, easily edit and analyze images, export additional file types, and create customizable reports that enable you to communicate potential issues or document repairs have been completed.
Get a tool that is based on the way you do your job
When you buy Fluke, you get the benefit of 65 years of experience designing and building tools that deliver innovations based on the way you work. The design of the VT04A Visual IR Thermometer is compact, because we know you want a tool you can keep with you all day, or grab and go when you get a call. The controls are intuitive, because we know you want to pick it up and start using it right away. The price is affordable, because we know, even when budgets are tight, you need a frontline troubleshooting tool you can depend on.
- Visual image and infrared heat map blending – Identify the exact location of the potential issue by blending the visual image with the heat map overlay at 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% infrared with one button
- Center-point temperature and hot and cold markers – Hot and cold markers automatically identify hottest and coldest spots within field of view
- Pocket-size design – Handy when you need it; easily fits in your tool bag or pocket
- Intuitive interface - Get to work as soon as you take it out of the box
- SmartView® reporting software – Save full visual and full heat map for each image, and store up to 9,999 images on included micro-SD card. Using professional SmartView® reporting software, quickly analyze and document your work and create customizable reports
- Fits your budget – Fluke Visual IR Thermometers are priced to fit your budget so you can outfit your entire team
- See more with PyroBlend® Plus optics - Excellent field of view for tight spaces: 28° x 28°, four times sharper images than VT02
- High/low temperature alarms - High and low temperature alarms flash whenever the temperature threshold is exceeded, alerting you when a temperature is outside the expected range
- Time-lapse image capture – Automatically capture images at set intervals to see how temperature patterns change over time
- Auto-monitor alarm – Gain insight into intermittent problems by automatically capturing images when your selected temperature threshold is exceeded
- AA batteries that last longer – Change batteries quickly, and keep working longer with features that extend battery life
- Three screen brightness levels*
- Auto screen dimming after 2 minutes; instantly get back to work by pushing any button*
- Configurable auto-off time of 5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes*
- Persistent settings* - Previous settings are retained so you can start work as soon as your VT04A turns on
- Factory reset option* - Easily return to default settings; does not affect date and time
- Save in .bmp format* - Eliminate the need to export from SmartView® software when all you need is the image
- Soft carrying case - The soft case that comes with your VT04A adds little weight or bulk, so you can keep your VT04A both protected and available
ISSWWW and Fluke Instruments
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software.
Since its founding in 1948, Fluke has helped define and grow a unique technology market, providing testing and troubleshooting capabilities that have grown to status in manufacturing and service industries. Every new manufacturing plant, office, hospital, or facility built today represents another potential customer for Fluke products.
From industrial electronic installation, maintenance and service, to precision measurement and quality control, Fluke tools help keep business and industry around the globe up and running. Typical customers and users include technicians, engineers, meteorologists, medical-device manufacturers, and computer network professionals, people who stake their reputations on their tools, and use tools to help extend their personal power and abilities.
Fluke are a founding core supplier of ISSWWW and we enjoy a personal and professional relationship with them. Our sales staff and our technicians are Fluke trained and we hold perhaps the largest stock of their products in the country. Our customers know that when it comes to Fluke products, we have not only the best prices but the best advice and support services, reassuring when you need to make that all-important purchase.
|Built-in digital camera||Yes|
|Infrared heat map overlay||Yes, five blending modes|
|Image optics system||PyroBlend® Plus optic – 4x sharper image than VT02|
|Field of view||28° x 28°|
|High/low temperature alarms||Yes|
|Time-lapse image capture||Yes|
|Battery type||Four (4) AA batteries|
|Ergonomics||Slim pocket-sized design|
|Hot and cold markers||Yes|
|Battery life||Eight (8) hours; new battery-saving features significantly extend battery life|
|Temperature measurement range||-10 °C to +250 °C (14 °F to 482 °F)|
|Temperature measurement accuracy||+/- 2 °C or +/- 2 %|
|Temperature measurement||Yes, centerpoint|
|Storage medium (micro SD card)||Stores up to 9,999 images on included four (4) GB micro-SD card|
|Infrared spectral band||6.5 μm to 14 μm|
|Level and span||Auto|
|Focus mechanism||Focus free|
|Alignment of blended visual image and infrared heat map||NEAR: < 23 cm (9 in) from target
FAR: > 23 cm (9 in) from target
|Dimensions||21 cm x 7.5 cm x 5.5 cm (8.3 in x 3 in x 2.2 in)|
|Weight||385 g (13.5 oz)|
|File format||.bmp or .is2 format saved to SD card. With .is2 format, user can create professional reports or export images in SmartView® software (BMP, DIB, GIF, JPE, JFIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, and TIFF); go to Fluke website to download software free|
|Safety and compliance||CFR47: 2009 Class A. Part 15 subpart B; CE: EN 61326:2006; IEC/EN 61010-1:2010|
|Warranty||Two (2) years|
Orders requiring calibrationWhilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Bank/Public HolidaysPredicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Temporarily revised June 2020)
Please note that regrettably, we have had to realign our delivery service options to those available from our carriers.
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
We have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience we know this will cause.
We look forward to restoring our full delivery service schedule just as soon as we are able.
Standard FREE 1-2 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £75.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Next Day Anytime Delivery (Excluding Saturday & Sunday) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Sent by express courier, delivered next day (excluding weekends) from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Orders must be placed before 3:00pm for a qualifying next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Because of the high cost of carriage, we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 2 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable E&OA