- Features & Specification
Metrel MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth Clamp
An incredible earth resistance measuring instrument
The MI 3123 SMARTEC Earth / Clamp is a new generation earth resistance tester with the ability to perform 4-wire earth resistance measurement and 4-wire specific earth resistance measurement. With the optional A 1018 and A 1019 current clamps the instrument can perform 4-wire earth resistance measurement with one current clamp, contactless earth resistance testing with two clamps and TRMS current measurement up to 20 A.
Configurable limits enable a PASS / FAIL evaluation of test results. All the results can be saved on the instrument and then downloaded via the optional software for evaluation and professional report generation after testing. The lightweight design, large bright LCD screen, built-in help screens, optional downloading via RS232 or USB ports and overvoltage category CAT IV make the MI 3123 an incredible earth resistance measuring instrument.
*Important Calibration Information:
This instrument comes complete with the manufacturer's calibration certificate. Please be aware that these certificates are generic and may also be time lapsed.
If you would prefer a personalised full traceable calibration certificate applied to the equipment before dispatch, then please select this option from the drop-down menu above, an additional calibration charge will apply.
Metrel MI 2123 (Standard Set) Comes Supplied With:
- MI 3123 Smaretc Earth / Clamp
- 20901090 Soft hand strap
- 20691900 Test lead 20 m (green)
- 20691012 Test lead 4.5 m (blue)
- 20691015 Test lead 4.5 m (red)
- 20691901 Test lead 20 m (black)
- A 1022 Earth test rod (4 pcs)
- A 1147 Rechargeable NiMH AA batteries (6 pcs)
- 83005447 12 V battery charging adapter.
- 83005401 UK mains cable for charging adapter
- Short instruction manual
- Instruction manual on CD
- Calibration certificate
- Earth resistance, 4-wire method;
- Earth resistance, 4-wire method with one current clamp (option);
- Earth resistance, two clamps method (option);
- Specific earth resistance;
- TRMS current (option).
- Earth resistance measurement: instrument performs standard 4-wire earth resistance tests with two earthing rods and specific earth resistance measurement.
- Selective earth resistance test: optional 4-wire earth resistance measurement in combination with an additional current clamp is used for measuring earth resistance of individual earthing rods.
- Contactless earth resistance test: earth resistance measurement with 2 current clamps without breaking the loop is intended for measuring resistance of individual earthing rods and is recommended first of all for urban areas.
- Downloadable: downloads via RS232 or USB cable directly to the PC with the help of the optional software.
- Upgradeable: if changes occur to the regulations upgrades can be made to the firmware to keep the instrument up to date.
- Help screens: instrument comes complete with built-in help screens for referencing on site.
- Built-in charger & rechargeable batteries: instrument has a built-in charging circuit and comes complete with a set of rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Custom limits: the limits can be set on any function, in that case large green and red lights of the LEDs will indicate a PASS or FAIL evaluation of test result.
- Easy to use: large bright LCD display and large buttons enable easy handling of the instrument (even while wearing gloves).
- Magnetic holder: magnet for fixing instrument on metal surfaces enables hands-free operation.
Electrical Power Systems
- Power Plants
- Earthings / Funnels
- LV Installations Safety / Quality
Special Installations / Locations:
- Construction Sites
- Railway Systems
- Ships / Boats / Marina Places
- Military / Police Vehicles
- Mobile LV Generator Units
- Mobile Video / Audio / Concert Halls / Fair Playground
Metrel was established in 1957 as a factory for the production of electrical measuring instruments and components for the domestic market and grew from there to become one of world’s leading manufacturers of measuring and testing equipment. They are one of the few companies in the industry that develops and manufactures products at a single location, starting with design and ending with final assembly, quality control and calibration.
|Earth resistance 4-wire method and earth resistance one clamp method
Measuring range according to EN61557 is 0.67Ω ÷ 9999Ω
|0 ÷ 19.99Ω||0.01Ω||±(3% of reading + 3 digits)|
|20 ÷ 199.9Ω||0.1Ω||±(3% of reading + 3 digits)|
|200 ÷ 1999Ω||1Ω||±5% of reading|
|2000 ÷ 9999Ω||1Ω||±10% of reading|
|Automatic Test of Probe Resistance||Yes|
|Automatic Test of Voltage Noise||Yes|
|Open-Terminal Test Voltage||40VAC|
|Test Voltage Frequency||125Hz|
|Short-Circuit Test Current||<20mA|
|Low Clamp Current Indication||Yes|
|Noise Current Indication||Yes|
|Earth Resistance (Two Clamps Method)|
|0 ÷ 19..99Ω||0.01Ω||± (10% of reading + 10 digits)|
|20 ÷ 30.99Ω||0.1Ω||± (20% of reading)|
|30.1 ÷ 39.99Ω||0.1Ω||± (30% of reading)|
|Test Voltage Frequency||125Hz|
|Noise Current Indication||Yes|
|Low Clamp Current Indication||Yes
Standard FREE 3-5 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard 1-2 Day Express Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 for all all orders under £40.00 (exc vat). Sent by express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express Courier 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Please note that predicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope of our dispatch and therefore may incure additional days lead time to your order.
Orders requiring calibration. Whilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received late afternoon and requiring calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch, this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to you delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands.
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands.
- Zone E - Northern Ireland
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.