- Features & Specification
- Delivery (updated)
Chauvin Arnoux PEL104 Energy Logger P01157154
The PEL104 power logger measures and records all the useful data for energy consumption diagnostics.
The PEL104 can be used without cutting off the mains power supply.
The PEL104 Energy Logger is also available with included MA194-350 MiniFlex Clamps, please make your selection from the drop-down menu above.
PEL104 Comes Supplied With:
- 1 x PEL104 Energy Logger
- 4 x Black safety leads, 3m, banana-banana, straight-straight attached by a Velcro tie.
- 4 x Black crocodile clips
- 1x Type A-B USB cord 1.5m.
- 1 x Mains cord 1.5m
- 1 x PEL adapter (PEL104)
- 1 x Carrying bag.
- 12 x Set of inserts and rings for marking the leads and current sensors according to phase.
- 1 x 8 GB SD-card (in the instrument).
- 1 x USB SD-Card adapter.
- 1 x Checking attestation.
- 1 x Multilingual safety data sheet.
- 1 x Quick start guide.
PEL Series Applications:
- Ideal for all types of electrical cabinets and Low Voltage installations
- Implementation without cutting off the mains power supply
- Recording duration up to several months or years
- Breakdown of energy losses
- Characterization of electric motors
The PEL10x power and energy loggers perform the following measurements:
- RMS and DC measurements with 128 samples/cycle – simultaneously on each phase
- AC and/or DC voltages up to 1,000 V
- Analogue measurements
- Measurements on motors
- Self-powering via the phase
- Current up to 10 kA AC or 5 kA DC (depending on the current sensor).
- The PEL100 models offer a wider measurement range by using voltage and current ratios (up to 650,000 V / 25,000 A)
- Power values from 10 W/var/VA to 10 GW/Gvar/GVA
- Energy values up to 4 EWh / 4 EVAh / 4 Evarh & total energy (4 quadrants)
- Breakdown of energy losses
- Characterization of electric motors
- Phase data: cos φ, tan Φ, power factor (PF)
- Crest factor
- THD calculation for currents and voltages
- Harmonics up to the 50th order for currents and voltages
- DC, 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 400 Hz measurements
- Recording of the measurements and calculation results on the SD card
- Automatic recognition of the type of sensors connected
- Numerous network types supported: split-phase, three-phase with or without neutral, etc.
- Communications: USB, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Wifi, GSM 3G, GPRS
- Software for data transfer, real-time communication with a PC and report generation
Portable, rugged and compact, its magnetized casing makes it easy to set up, including in an electrical cabinet. The PEL104 is a logger equipped with 3 voltage channels and 3 current channels. No more battery problems, as the logger self-powers directly via the phase by means of the accessory included.
The backlit LCD screen equipped with a triple digital display is particularly easy to read.
The PEL 104 is equipped with an SD card capable of storing several years' data, an ideal function for measurement campaigns.
Suitable for all types of electrical networks, the PEL104 automatically recognizes the sensors connected. It measures voltage up 1,000 VAC/VDC and current up to 10 kVAC / 5 kVDC. Its wide measurement ranges enable it to record power values up to 10 GW/Gvar/GVA, and energy up to 4 EWh/EVAh/Evarh.
It is equipped with an Alarm mode. The user can define limits and a list of events is recorded.
The PEL104 is equipped with multiple communication modes: USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wifi and 3G/GPRS.
The new 3G/GPRS mode allows users to insert a SIM card in the PEL for remote connection via a GSM 3G link. Because measurement campaigns often stretch over several days or weeks, it is important to check that the PEL is functioning correctly during this period.
With all these modes, it is possible to monitor the measurements in real time and recover the measurement data remotely anywhere in the world.
When an alarm is triggered, users can automatically receive an email alert.
In the field, the dedicated ANDROID application can be used to check that the PEL is operating correctly and to modify its configuration. This function enables measurements for applications on motors: rotation speed, torque and engine efficiency. No more need to add specific sensors in order to monitor a motor's behaviour in real time.
Optional MA194-350 Current Clamps:
The PEL104 comes as standard without the additional current clamps, these can be added for a reduced cost via the drop-down menu above.
IEC 61010 1000V CAT III et 600V CAT IV
Current clamps, MiniFlex® and AmpFlex® flexible current sensors are used to measure the current flowing in a cable without opening the circuit. They also insulate the user from dangerous voltages in the circuit.
MiniFlex® MA194 350 mm
Measurement range * 100 mA - 10 000 A 100 mA - 10 000 A 100 mA - 10 000 A
Clamping diameter 100 mm
Dimensions (L x W x H) approx. 170 x 110 x 18 mm
Cord 3 metres long
Weight approx. 120 g
*Purchase the Chauvin Arnoux PEL104 Energy Logger and add the Dataview software to your basket by selecting in the menu above for a discounted price.
The PEL Transfer software can be used to analyse the data recorded with the PEL100 models. On the basis of the power measurement campaigns performed, the software automatically decomposes the losses detected.
New: the software directly calculates the cost of the power consumed and gives the result in the local currency selected.
The DATAVIEW software platform can be used to generate reports. Users can set alarm thresholds on the various measurements made in order to obtain a customized measurement report.
The DataView® software is an essential tool for configuring and performing measurements, viewing data in real time, recovering recorded data and creating standard or customized measurement reports.
It provides a single software platform for operating most Chauvin Arnoux products, including:
- QualiStar C.A 8331, C.A 8333, C.A 8336 and C.A 8436 power analysers
- C.A 8220 and C.A 8230 power controllers
- PEL102, PEL103 & PEL105 power and energy loggers
- C.A 6470N, C.A 6471 and C.A 6472 earth testers
- C.A 6543, C.A 6547, C.A 6549, C.A 6550, C.A 6555, C.A 6526, C.A 6532 and C.A 6534 insulation testers
- F407 and F607 multimeter clamps
- All the SIMPLE LOGGER 2 models
- C.A 6417 earth clamps
- C.A 6116N C.A 6117 multi-function installation testers
- DTR8510 ratiometer
- C.A 1821, C.A 1822, C.A 1823 thermometers
- C.A 1246 thermo-hygrometer
- C.A 1227 thermo-anemometer
- C.A 1110 Lightmeter
- CA 10101 pHmeter
- CA 10141 conductivity meter
The simple-to-use DataView® software automatically recognizes the instrument connected to the PC and gives the user direct access to the data recorded in the instrument, its configuration and the real-time data.
DATAView® automatically generates measurement reports or creates new customized reports on request.
This tool also offers a large number of additional functions for greater user comfort or for more detailed analysis: a zoom on the graphs to analyse certain parts more closely, display of various recorded parameters on request, export of stored data into Excel, linking and integration of objects (OLE), etc.
DataView can be used to automatically link the address details of customers, work sites, etc., extracted from a database, to the measurement reports.
The instruments are connected to the PC via USB, RS232, WiFi or Bluetooth, depending on the model.
The following minimum configuration is required:
Windows 7/8/10 (32/64 bit)
1GB of RAM for Windows 7/8/10 (32 bit)
2GB of RAM for Windows 7/8/10 (64 bit)
80MB space on hard disk (200MB recommended)
The PEL Transfer software can be used to control the PEL 102, PEL 103, PEL 104, PEL 105 and PEL 106 power and energy loggers.
The PEL Transfer software is a tool for:
- Configuring the instruments,
- Downloading and viewing the data stored in the memory,
- Performing instantaneous acquisition operations,
- Displaying the data in the form of tables or graphs,
- Exporting the measurement data into (*.dvb files) or into a spreadsheet.
PEL Transfer is available as a free download from Chauvin Arnoux here: pel_v2.06.13629.zip
Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
Chauvin Arnoux DataView software is not supplied with the PEL Transfer software
We have issued a press release on the PEL104 and PEL106 which will appear in the Professional Electrician magazine and can be viewed by clicking the link below.
The article highlights that the instruments now have wi-fi connectivity and support connection to the GRPS and 3G mobile phone networks also IRDS connectivity for access behind firewalls on private IP addresses.
ISSWWW and Chauvin Arnoux
The Chauvin Arnoux Group of companies, incorporating the Metrix and Multimetrix brands are synonymous with design and production of the finest quality products for the electrical testing industry, covering a diverse sector of the market for over 100 years. From their awarded Digiflex current sensors, universal testers, multimeters, network and power analysers, right up to laboratory instrumentation and beyond.
ISSWWW and Chauvin Arnoux have enjoyed a close working partnership for many years and we supply many of their products to trade and industry the world over.
|Chauvin Arnoux PEL104 Enery Logger Technical Specification|
|Display||With a quadruple digital display|
|Types of installations||Single-phase, split-phase, three-phase with or without neutral, and many other specific configurations|
|Number of channels||3 voltage inputs, 3 current inputs (calculated neutral current)|
|Network frequency||DC, 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 400 Hz|
|Voltage (measurement ranges)||10.00 -1,000 Vac/dc|
|Current (depending on sensors)
|5 mAac to 10 kAac / 50 mAdc to 1.4 kAdc|
|Ratio||Up to 650,000 V / up to 25,000 A|
|Power||10 W to 10 GW / 10 var to 10 Gvar / 10 VA to 10 GVA|
|Energy||Up to 4 EWh / 4 EVAh / 4 Evarh (E = 10 18)|
|Phase||cos φ, tan Φ, PF|
|Min / Max||Yes|
|Sampling / Acquisition interval / Aggregation||5 measurements/s - from 1 min to 60 min|
|Memory||SD card, 8 GB (SD-HC card up to 32 GB)|
|Communication||Ethernet, Bluetooth, USB, Wifi and GPRS|
|Power supply||110 V - 250 V (+10 %, -15 %) @ 50-60 Hz & 400 Hz|
|Safety||IEC 61010 600 V CA T IV and 1 000 V CA T III|
|Dimensions||256 x 125 x 37 mm without sensor|
Delivery Notices (Updated March 29th 2021)
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
Coupled with manufacturers on reduced output due to more stringent working practices and a global shortage of component parts to supply UK manufacturing, we have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down amid these unprecedented circumstances.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologize unreservedly for the inconvenience we know it will cause.
Please note that ALL orders placed before 3:00pm are shipped same-day (subject to stock and any additional services required).
The stated transport times above have some scope for adjustment built-in for the Covid-19 situation. Carriers themselves also have their own extended workload and limitations at this time which are unfortunately beyond our control.
Orders requiring calibration
Whilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Predicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Revised March 2021)
|Standard FREE 2-3 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - Order value OVER £75.00 ex VAT - Order by 3:0pm||FREE|
|Standard FREE 2-3 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - Order value UNDER £75.00 ex VAT - Order by 3:0pm||£4.75|
|Next WORKING Day (excludes Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B - ANY order value - Order by 3:0pm||£7.75|
|Saturday ANYTIME Delivery - Order by 3:0pm||£9.95|
Because of the high cost of carriage, we regretfully need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 3-4 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable.