- Features & Specification
Chauvin Arnoux CA6505 Digital Megohmmeter
The Chauvin Arnoux CA6505 is an insulation resistance measurement tool that can be used to measure resistance levels from 10kΩ up to 10TΩ. It is ideally suited for insulation measurements on cables, motors, generators, transformers and more.
The CA6505 is built into its own protective carrying case, making porting between tests quick and easy. The case also protects the tester from damage at all times, ensuring that it can be used in dangerous environments such as industrial areas. Inside the case the CA6505 features a large-size LCD screen which clearly relays testing values.
The CA6505 Comes Supplied With:
- Chauvin Arnoux CA6505 Megohmmeter
- Carrying Bag
- 2 x 2m Measurement Leads (with HV Plug at Each End)
- 1 x Guarded Safety Lead (2m with HV Plug)
- 3 x Crocodile Clips
- Mains Power Cable (1.80m Long)
- Fixed 500/1,000/2,500/5,000 V DC test voltage or programmable from 40 V to 5,100 V DC
- Measurement range: 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
- Programmable test duration
- Calculation of DAR & PI quality ratios
- Measurement of voltage, capacitance and leakage current
- LCD screen with bargraph
- Power supply by NiMh rechargeable battery
- Compliant with IEC 61557
- IP53 protection
- IEC 61010 1,000 V CAT III safety
- Dimensions: 270 x 250 x 180 mm / 4.3 kg
• Insulation measurement on cables, motors, generators, transformer
2 levels of diagnostics: – "Go/No go" measurement
-Qualitative measurement for preventive maintenance:
- Testing with programmed duration
- Quality ratios: polarization index (PI) & dielectric absorption ratio (DAR)
- Insulation testing on heterogeneous or multi-layer cables (dielectric discharge index)
- Step voltage
• Locking of test voltages: ideal when entrusting the instrument to less experienced users
• Measurement voltage selectable from 40 to 5,100 V to deal with all types of measurement situations
Reduced insulation may be due to slow, gradual deterioration over a long period of time, but also due to sudden damage. The effects of humidity, dirt, corrosion, penetration by chemicals and even vibrations can all cause this sort of deterioration. Its effects are easy to document using the quality ratios (PI-DAR-DD) available on the whole range of 5 Kv insulation testers. Comparison of the insulation values over time provides crucial information for preventive maintenance of machines.
This preventive maintenance is essential at 2 levels:
1. Safety: minimizing the risk of shortcircuits
2. Cost: avoiding the failure of important equipment leading to high costs in terms of production down - time, production losses and repairs.
ISSWWW and Chauvin Arnoux
The Chauvin Arnoux Group of companies, incorporating the Metrix and Multimetrix brands are synonymous with design and production of the finest quality products for the electrical testing industry, covering a diverse sector of the market for over 100 years. From their awarded Digiflex current sensors, universal testers, multimeters, network and power analysers, right up to laboratory instrumentation and beyond.
ISSWWW and Chauvin Arnoux have enjoyed a close working partnership for many years and we supply many of their products to trade and industry the world over.
|C.A 6545||C.A 6547||C.A 6549|
|Insulation||Fixed test voltages: 500 / 1,000 / 2,500 / 5,000 V
Adjustable test voltage: 40 V to 5,100 V in 10 or 100 V increments
500 V: 10 kΩ to 2 TΩ
1,000 V: 10 kΩ to 4 TΩ
2,500 V: 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
5,000 V: 10 kΩ to 10 TΩ
|Voltage||1 to 5,100 V (15 Hz to 500 Hz or DC|
|Capacitance||0.001 to 49.99 F|
|Leakage current||0.000 nA to 3,000 A|
|Smoothing of display||NO||YES|
|Prog. test duration||YES|
|Calculation of ratios||DAR - PI||DAR - PI and DD|
|Step voltage mode||NO||5 steps|
|Calc. of R at reference T°||NO||YES|
|Locking of test voltage||YES|
|R(t)||NO||Recording of samples||Directly on the display|
|Printing of measurements||NO||Serial or parallel printer|
|Power supply||Rechargeable NiMH battery|
|Battery life||30 days with 10 DARs and 5 PIs / day|
|Electrical safety||IEC 61010-1 (Cat. III 1,000 V or Cat. I 2,500 V) and 61557|
|Dimensions||270 x 250 x 180 mm|
Standard FREE 3-5 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard 1-2 Day Express Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 for all all orders under £40.00 (exc vat). Sent by express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express Courier 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Please note that predicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope of our dispatch and therefore may incure additional days lead time to your order.
Orders requiring calibration. Whilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received late afternoon and requiring calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch, this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to you delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands.
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands.
- Zone E - Northern Ireland
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.