- Features & Specification
Fluke28 Mk II Ex Intrinsically Safe TRMS Digital Multimeter
Intrinsically Safe. Extreme ruggedness
All the measurement functions of our most popular industrial DMMs
One tool equips you with all the testing and troubleshooting power you need wherever you go––inside or outside ATEX zones 1,2,21, or 22. No need to carry different meters for different areas, or worry about crossing through an Ex-required zone with a non-Ex rated instrument.
- 4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements (20,000 counts)
- True-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurement on nonlinear signals
- Measures up to 1000V and 10A ac and dc (note that Ex zones require reduced measurements)
- Low pass filter ensures accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable speed motor drives (VSDs)
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle to help you diagnose VSDs and switching power supplies
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- 10,000 μF capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Conductance measurements for high resistance or leakage tests
- Min/Max-Average and Peak capture to record transients and variations automatically
- Relative mode to remove test lead interference on resistance measurements
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Input Alert protects you by chirping and flashing “Lead when leads are plugged into the wrong inputs
Easy to use
Important extras keep you productive all day long in less than optimal conditions.
- Backlit keypad buttons provide extra visibility in poorly lit areas, even when you’re wearing full PPE
- Large display digits and 2-level bright white backlight also increases visibility
- Long battery life – 400 hours typical without backlight (Alkaline)
- Optional magnetic hanger for easy setup and viewing while freeing your hands for other tasks
Easy to service in the field
Access to the separate battery compartment makes it easy to change batteries or fuses without jeopardizing instrument calibration.
Now there’s one intrinsically safe digital multimeter (DMM) you can use in IIC (gas), in Zone 1 and 2 and IIIC (dust), Zone 21 and 22. Whether you work in petroleum, chemical, or pharmaceutical environments, all the test and troubleshooting power you need is packed into the most rugged intrinsically safe (IS) DMM Fluke has ever built. The Fluke 28 II Ex is also waterproof, dust-proof and drop-proof. You’ll be equipped to handle any situation, inside and outside of hazardous zones, without compromising compliance or measurement performance.
Intrinsic safety plus regulatory approvals
The 28 II Ex carries Ex certifications from the world’s
leading certification bodies.
28 II Ex I.S. Certifications
- IECEx Ex ia IIC T4 Gb, Ex ia IIIC T130 °C Db, I M1 Ex ia I Ma
28 II Ex safety and regulatory compliance
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-04 /UL61010-1:2004, and TUV 61010-1:2001
The Fluke 28 II Ex is the most rugged IS DMM you can buy
- A completely sealed, IP67 rated case
- Withstands drops up to 10 feet or 3 meters (with holster)
- Dustproof per IEC60529 IP6x
- Waterproof per IEC60529 IPx7
- Meets IEC Overvoltage Electrical Safety Standard No. 61010-1:2001
- Measurement Category III, 1000V, Pollution Degree 2
- Measurement Category IV, 600V, Pollution Degree 2
- Reversible holster for added protection of the display when not in use
About Intrinsically Safe Products
Products that appear on this website that are listed as or relate to a classification of intrinsic safety are titled and described according to our best understanding and/or interpretation of the complex and sometimes changing criteria governing such classification as set out by the Health and Safety Executive.
Please note that due to the volatile nature of the intended use of products in this category, neither UK Test Instruments or Instrument Sales and Service can be held responsible for any incident that arises from the purchase or use of any product described within this web site. For more information please visit the health and Safety Executive website with specific regard to Hazardous Area Classification and Control of Ignition Sources.
|Basic Accuracy Specifications|
|Accuracy specifications are shown as +/- (% of reading + number of digits)|
|GOST R Ex
|Size with holster
|Weight with holster||
Orders requiring calibrationWhilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Bank/Public HolidaysPredicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Temporarily revised June 2020)
Please note that regrettably, we have had to realign our delivery service options to those available from our carriers.
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
We have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience we know this will cause.
We look forward to restoring our full delivery service schedule just as soon as we are able.
Standard FREE 1-2 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £75.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Next Day Anytime Delivery (Excluding Saturday & Sunday) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Sent by express courier, delivered next day (excluding weekends) from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Orders must be placed before 3:00pm for a qualifying next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Because of the high cost of carriage, we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 2 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable E&OA