- Features & Specification
Ideal R156006 SignalTEK CT Data Cable Transmission Tester
If you install, maintain or troubleshoot data cabling and Ethernet networks, SignalTEK CT allows you to generate PDF test reports that prove installed links run at Gigabit Ethernet transmission rates.
For installers, this means having a cost-effective way to demonstrate that the copper cabling was installed correctly and is capable of supporting Ethernet applications.
By proving real world performance, SignalTEK CT confirms a professional job - reducing the risk of call backs.
SignalTEK CT also gives network owners the assurance that installed cabling will support bandwidth hungry services like VoIP, IP CCTV and video streaming following moves, adds and changes.
Ideal Industries SignalTek CT Includes:
- 1 x display with touchscreen
- 1 x remote
- 2 x NiMH batteries
- 2 x patch cables - 30cm, Cat 5e STP
- 2 x power supply with EU/UK/US adapters
- 1 x USB Wi-Fi adapter
- 1 x quick reference guide
- 1 x carry case
The foundation of all Ethernet networks is the physical cabling. As networks become faster and more complex they become more susceptible to disruption from external interference as well as faulty cabling and or connectors. These physical layer problems can cause a high number of server re-transmissions resulting in network drop-out or slow connection speeds. If network performance issues are to be avoided, today’s installers and technicians need test equipment that not only verifies correct wiring but also confirms a link’s ability to transmit data at full rate.
Uniquely SignalTEK CT proves a link’s ability to support Gigabit applications by performing two primary tests; data transmission and wiremap testing. With a single press of the Autotest button, SignalTEK CT transmits 823,452 data frames between the two handsets and reports any transmission errors against performance criteria laid down by the IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet Standard. It takes only 1 bit of data to get corrupted or lost to give rise to a transmission test failure. Autotest also measures cable length and checks for wiring faults such as crossed pairs, opens, shorts and split pairs. Simple pass/fail results are displayed once the Autotest is complete which can be automatically saved for later review or download.
SignalTEK CT automatically generates test reports in PDF or CSV format.
The summary page of each report can be customised to include logo, company and operator details. Choose between 3 different reports that can show either passed, failed or all test reports in each report:
Transmission testing proves real performance
There is no industry standard defining the testing requirements of cable qualifiers, consequently passing a qualification test does not prove that the installed structured cabling will provide flawless data transmission.
Uniquely, SignalTEK NT utilises a test method known in wide area networks as transmission testing to prove the performance of a network by sending real Ethernet data frames through the cabling and/or network devices to compare the error rate against the IEEE802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet standard.
This provides a clear standards based Pass/Fail of the link being tested. SignalTEK NT requires no configuration from the user as the two handsets automatically pair ready for testing; just select a usage scenario to simulate the appropriate service, from VoIP to CCTV, Video, and web traffic.
Fast & Flexible
- Fast Autotest provides proof of network performance in seconds
- Support for shielded and unshielded twisted pair cable including Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6A and Cat 7 (TIA 568A and 568B wiring schemes)
- Stores up to 5000 tests to accommodate even the largest jobs
- Ability to identify and trace cables with a compatible amplifier probe (62-164)
- Use a list of wiremap templates for common Ethernet cable types including CAT 6A/7A/8, and non-Ethernet cable, such as Profinet and ISDN.
- Automatic generation of PDF format test reports makes documentation effortless
- User-friendly menu structure for trouble-free operation and minimal training
- Simple cable naming and job creation enhances on-site productivity
- Tests against IEEE802.3ab to assure cable performance against a recognised international standard
- Field replaceable RJ45 contacts eliminate downtime from worn or damaged connectors
- Rugged design provides protection against knocks in the field
- No requirement for annual calibration reducing cost of ownership
Spares & Accessories (Not Supplied):
- 151052 1 x alkaline battery module
- 62-164 1 x IDEAL amplifier probe
- 150058 1 x RJ45 insert extraction tool, 10 x lifejack RJ45 inserts
About Ideal Networks
With a great heritage in the industry, Ideal Networks division are now a major manufacturer of portable test equipment with expertise in both LAN and WAN installation and maintenance.
We continue to offer the best level of support to customers from our sales and technical offices in Warrington, UK; Paris, France; Munich, Germany and Sycamore, USA. New products are developed and designed continuously with the customer in mind from the R&D Centre based in Stokenchurch, UK.
Test port (Test Unit and Remote Unit)- 8 Pin Shielded RJ45 socket. User replaceable contacts. Used for Data cable testing
USB port (Test Unit only)- Host, USB 11. Used for: Software Update, User logo download (logo.png file 250xl60 pixels max) and Results upload
USB port (Remote Unit only)- Host, USB 11. Used for: Software Update
Power (Rechargeable power module only)- 2.5mm pin power jack, centre pin positive, 12v, 2 amp).
Used for: Battery charging and mains powering via adaptor
• Cat 3ISI5ei616AI7Ethernet cable
• Shielded I Unshielded
• 2-Pair I 4-Palr
• TIA 568A I 568B colour scheme
Data Performance Test:
• Line rate -lGbls(4-Pair) I lOONbls(2-Palr)
• Ethernet frames sent I received- 823452 frames (lGbls) I 81274 frames (100Nb s)
• Frame size - 1518 bytes
• Error limit - zero frame errors
• Test duration- -lOsecs
• Termination- Remote Unit I short circuit I open circuit
• Units - metres I feet
• Maximum cable length- 180m I 600ft
• NVP range 59%- 89%
• Accuracy (NVP set correct ly)- 5%
• Resolution- lm I 1ft
Voltage Detection: Over-voltage warning- -5volts
Tone Generator: Tones - 3. Applied to - any pin I any pair
• Max Number of Jobs (Projects) - 50
• Max total number of result sets- 5000.
Format - pdf /.csv
Battery (Test Unit and Remote Unit):
• Rechargeable NiMh (standard)
• Holder for 4 x AA cells (optional - 151052)
• Autonomy- 5 hours continuous operation (rechargea ble power module)
Weights and Dimensions:
Test Unit I Remote Unit:
Dimensions Length - 175mm Width- 80mm Depth- 40mm
Weight (including rechargeable power module)- 0.4 kg
Shipping: Dimensions Length- 440mm Width- 280mm Depth- 115mm Weight - 2.5 kg
EMC: EN 55022 2006 I A12007
EN55024:1998 I A1:2001 I A2:2003
Safety IEC 60950-1:2005+A1:2009IEN 60950-1:2006+A1:2010
Standard FREE 3-5 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard 1-2 Day Express Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 for all all orders under £40.00 (exc vat). Sent by express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express Courier 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using express courier, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Please note that predicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope of our dispatch and therefore may incure additional days lead time to your order.
Orders requiring calibration. Whilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received late afternoon and requiring calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch, this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to you delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands.
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands.
- Zone E - Northern Ireland
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.