Ideal R156005 SignalTEK NT Network Transmission Tester
If you install, maintain or troubleshoot data cabling and Ethernet networks, SignalTEK NT allows you to prove the performance up to Gigabit Ethernet transmission rates.
By simulating actual network traffic users are able to test and document network and data cable performance to Gigabit Ethernet standards.
Where system warranties are not required the SignalTEK NT is a cost effective way of proving your copper and fibre networks provide error-free performance.
SignalTEK NT automatically generates test reports in PDF or CSV format. Use the free IDEAL AnyWARE™ app from IDEAL Networks to view / send data cable and network test reports to colleagues and clients anywhere.
Ideal Industries SignalTek NT Includes:
- 1 x display with touchscreen
- 1 x remote
- 2 x NiMH batteries
- 2 x patch cables - 30cm, Cat 5e STP
- 2 x power supply with EU/UK/US adapters
- 1 x USB Wi-Fi adapter
- 1 x quick reference guide
- 1 x carry case
- Gigabit performance testing on passive cabling and active networks
- Generates test reports to IEEE 802.3ab standard
- Simulates VoIP/CCTV/Web/IP video network traffic
- Tests connection speed, port ID, ping, traceroute, IPv4/IPv6
- Advanced PoE/PoE+ testing
Transmission testing proves real performance
There is no industry standard defining the testing requirements of cable qualifiers, consequently passing a qualification test does not prove that the installed structured cabling will provide flawless data transmission.
Uniquely, SignalTEK NT utilises a test method known in wide area networks as transmission testing to prove the performance of a network by sending real Ethernet data frames through the cabling and/or network devices to compare the error rate against the IEEE802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet standard.
This provides a clear standards based Pass/Fail of the link being tested. SignalTEK NT requires no configuration from the user as the two handsets automatically pair ready for testing; just select a usage scenario to simulate the appropriate service, from VoIP to CCTV, Video, and web traffic.
- Network traffic performance test on copper and fibre to IEEE802.3ab standard
- Wiremap test for open, shorts, miswires and split pairs to TIA-568 standard
- Gigabit link verification for copper and fibre cabling
- Network load testing through switches simulating CCTV/IPTV/VoIP/Web traffic
- PoE/PoE+ verification that displays available voltage at device location
- Check Ethernet connectivity at device location to 10/100/1000 Mb/s
- Verify network configuration (device IP/gateway address/subnet mask)
- Switch port identification via LLDP/CDP protocols
- Use a list of wiremap templates for common Ethernet cable types including CAT 6A/7A/8, and non-Ethernet cable, such as Profinet and ISDN.
- Distance to fault using TDR technology (copper only)
- Ability to identify and trace cables with a compatible amplifier probe (62-164)
- Optical power indication (with compatible SFP modules)
- Network load testing through switches simulating CCTV/IPTV/VoIP/Web traffic
- Stress test network before installing bandwidth hungry devices
- Port blink to visually trace cable from work area outlet to network switch
- Displays port ID of LLDP/CDP enabled switches to eliminate manual cable tracing
- Identify network connection problems as hardware, network or configuration faults
- Ping local network devices and Internet URL’s
- Count number of hops between network points with traceroute tests
- PoE load testing to confirm available power meets PoE device requirements
Spares & Accessories (Not Supplied):
- MGKSX1 1 x 1000BASE-SX Fibre kit*. Includes 850nm SFP (Small Form factor Pluggable) SX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex multimode cables and SC/SC duplex adapter
- MGKLX2 1 x 1000BASE-LX Fibre kit*. Includes 1310nm SFP (Small Form factor Pluggable) LX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex singlemode cables and SC/SC duplex adapter
- MGKZX3 1x 1000BASE-ZX Fibre kit*. Includes 1550nm SFP (Small Form factor Pluggable) ZX transceiver, LC/LC and LC/SC duplex singlemode cables and SC/SC duplex adapter
- 62-164 1 x IDEAL amplifier probe
- 150058 1 x RJ45 insert extraction tool, 10 x lifejack RJ45 inserts
About Ideal Networks
With a great heritage in the industry, Ideal Networks division are now a major manufacturer of portable test equipment with expertise in both LAN and WAN installation and maintenance.
We continue to offer the best level of support to customers from our sales and technical offices in Warrington, UK; Paris, France; Munich, Germany and Sycamore, USA. New products are developed and designed continuously with the customer in mind from the R&D Centre based in Stokenchurch, UK.
Orders requiring calibrationWhilst we take the greatest care to get all orders dispatched and delivered to you in the stated time frame, orders received PM and requiring
calibration may on occasion miss dispatch that day, according to the complexity of the calibration. Be assured they will ship on the next dispatch
this in most cases should not add more than 24 hours to your delivery.
Bank/Public HolidaysPredicted delivery times are based on regular trading days Monday to Friday. Public holidays, bank holidays and weekends are outside the usual scope
of our dispatch and subject to activities/holidays of our carriers and therefore may incur additional days lead time to your order.
*UK Mainland (Temporarily revised June 2020)
Please note that regrettably, we have had to realign our delivery service options to those available from our carriers.
During the current situation surrounding the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, logistics from every company are under immense pressure to deliver goods on time.
We have taken the decision to temporarily limit our services rather than let our customers down.
We hope you will understand our position on this and we apologise unreservedly for the inconvenience we know this will cause.
We look forward to restoring our full delivery service schedule just as soon as we are able.
Standard FREE 1-2 Day Courier Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £75.00 (exc vat). Sent using express courier, delivered within 1-2 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Next Day Anytime Delivery (Excluding Saturday & Sunday) – UK Mainland only - Zones A & B
Sent by express courier, delivered next day (excluding weekends) from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Orders must be placed before 3:00pm for a qualifying next day delivery and a telephone number supplied, subject to availability.
Because of the high cost of carriage, we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions bringing the carriage charges to:
- Zones A & B - Mainland delivery rates apply.
- Zone C - Scottish Highlands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone D - Outer Hebrides, Orkney Isles, Shetland Isles, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, and Channel Islands (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone E - Northern Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
- Zone F - Republic of Ireland (Charges are calculated at the checkout).
All offshore deliveries are a 2 day service as standard. This includes Channel Islands, Northern & Southern Ireland, Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
All export inquiries should be directed to the export division before placement of order.
If no shipping option is available to your selected country please call us FREE on 0800 0224 060 to purchase your items.
All stated prices are subject to VAT at the current rate where applicable E&OA