Martindale VT28/PD Voltage Indicator & Proving Device Kit
VT28/PD Kit Comes Supplied With:
- 690V Proving Unit
- VT28 2 Pole Tester
- Carry Case with Neck Strap
- 4 digit LCD display
- Voltage Range: 12 - 690V AC / DC
- LED Indication: +/- 12, 24, 50, 120, 230, 400, 690V
- Single Pole Phase Test: 90 - 6390V
- Phase Rotation Test: 100 - 690V
- Continuity Range: 0 - 500kΩ
- GS38 Caps: Removable
- Standards & Regulations: BS EN61243-3 2010
- Overvoltage Category: CAT IV 600V, CAT III 690V
- Cable Length: 1.2m IP Protection: 64
- Auto Power Off Torch Light: White LED
- Power Supply: 1.5V AAA x 2
- Dimensions: 258 x 73 x 23mm
- Weight: 180g (with batteries)
Safely proving dead requires the use of a voltage indicator and a known live source to test it on, both prior to and after checking for voltage presence. The combination of the Martindale VT28 and PD690 proving unit allows you to do just that, ensuring that you always have a known source to test against.
The VT28 is a two pole voltage indicator with bright LED indication as well as a digital readout on the clear LCD display. It will indicate AC or DC voltages from 12V to 690V. Additional tests include audible and optical continuity, single pole phase test and phase rotation testing. A built-in torch, and dual layer cable insulation are excellent safety features. The inner insulation is a red colour, contrasting the black outer, so any damage to the cable is obvious and you know it is not safe to use the indicator.
Martindale's PD690 proving unit will light all the LEDs on the indicator, ensuring it is working correctly. It also features a low battery indicator so you know when they need replacing, avoiding false readings from low batteries.
The complete kit is supplied with a TC70 carry case with neck strap, making it easy to transport and use
|Martindale VT28 Voltage Indicator|
|Maximum Working Voltage||690V DC & AC rms|
|Nominal Voltage Threshold Indications||12, 24, 50, 120,
230, 400, 690V AC/DC
|Nominal Voltage Threshold Tolerance||Conforms to BS
|Polarity Indication||from 12V DC/AC rms|
|Response Time||<1s at 1005 of each nominal voltage|
|Frequency Range||DC, 16 to 400Hz|
|Test Current||<3.5mA at 690V|
|Duty Ratio||30s ON (operated) / 240s OFF (recovery)|
|Single Pole Phase Test|
|Voltage Range||100 to 690V AC RMS|
|Frequency Range||50 to 60Hz|
|Phase Rotation Test|
|Voltage Range||120 to 400V AC RMS (Phase to Earth)|
|Frequency Range||50 to 60Hz|
|Resistance Range||0 to 500kΩ + 50%|
|Overvoltage Protection||690V DC or AC rms|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C, non condensing|
|Humidity||Max 85% R.H.|
|Altitude||Up to 2000m|
|Power||2 x 1.5V, AAA alkaline batteries (IEC LR03,
|Battery Consumption||80mA approx.|
|Dimensions||205(L) x 67(W) x 27(D) mm|
|Conformity||BS EN61243-3:2010 CAT IV 300V, CAT
|Class||II, Double Insulation|
|Martindale PD690 proving Device|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to +40°C at max 70% RH|
|Battery||6 x LRC/MN1500 1.5V alkaline batteries or equivalent|
|Dimensions||143 x 84 x 50mm|
|Weight||400g approx. including battery|
Standard Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK
£2.95 for all all orders under £40.00 (exld vat). Sent by Royal Mail Tracked, delivered/posted within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard Free Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exld vat). Sent using FedEx, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express DPD Delivery 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using DPD on their Award Winning “Predict” Service with these great key benefits:
- You are given a one hour delivery window. (no more waiting in all day for your parcel)
- You are notified by text or e-mail on your parcels progress.
- Change of plan? You can easily use the text or e-mail to rearrange your delivery.
- Notifications on your parcel up to 15 minutes before delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a mobile number supplied, subject to availability.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Scotland, Isle of Wight & Isles of Scilly - £6.00
- Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland - £12.00 Zone C
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and Channel Islands - £14.00 Zone D
- Southern Island - £15.00 Zone E
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. £20.00 per parcel
- Austria, Denmark. £22.00 per parcel
- Liechtenstein, Switzerland £47.00 per parcel (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
- Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Spain. £28.00 per parcel
- Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden. £50.00 per parcel
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece (incl islands) Latvia, Lithuania, Romania. £60.00 per parcel
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Norway, Serbia. £85.00 per (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
If no shipping option is available to your selected country. Please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.