kewtech KEW3128 12kV High Voltage Insulation Tester
The Kewtech KEW3128 is a microprocessor controlled 12kVDC insulation resistance tester capable of providing insulation resistance values of up to 35TΩ.
Crucially, the KEW3128 is able to discharge dangerous capacitive charges, consequent when subjecting large DC voltages across inductive loads for set periods of time; allowing for safe testing of cable lengths and other HV equipment. Ideal for simple compliance testing and leakage current tests, the KEW 3128 can also be used to conduct more in depth diagnostic checks such as: PI - polarisation index measurements DAR - dielectric absorption ratio DD - dielectric discharge SV - step voltage measurement Test measurements can be viewed in ‘live time’ when connected to a PC or laptop, or on the instrument itself which features a large, 320x240 resolution graphical screen.
The in-built graphical screen can be scrolled through and zoomed in on specific points through the whole recording period (up to 90 mins), allowing for instant onsite diagnosis. Moreover, a ‘print screen’ function is provided enabling the user to record a Bitmap (.bmp) image of the screen. The Kewtech KEW3128 12kV tester features an impressive memory, capable of storing 40,000 measurements. When using and ‘KEW Windows’ software package, test data can be downloaded should further test verification or reports be required off-site.
The KEW3128 12kV tester is dual powered and can be operated from a mains supply or from an in-built re-chargeable battery. The insulation tester is supplied and can be operated from within a hard carry case that offers IP68 ingress protection (when the lid is closed), along with test leads, software and USB cable, calibration certificate and user manual.
Kewtech KEW3128 Comes Supplied With:
- 7226 (Line probe)
- 7227 (Line probe with alligator clip)
- 7224 (Earth cord)
- 7225 (Guard cord)
- 7170 (Main cord)
- 8029 (Extension prod)
- 8212-USB-W (USB adaptor with KEW Windows(Software))
- Instruction manual
- Calibration Certificate
- Microprocessor controlled high voltage insulation resistance tester with Diagnostic functions.
- Suitable for analyzing the insulation characteristics of cables, transformers, motors, generators, high-pressure switches, insulators, wiring installations, etc.
- High current for fast testing even with large capacitive circuits. 5mA short circuit test current.
- Measures insulation resistance up to 35TΩ and has large graphic display
- Memory and logging functions comes with dedicated application software
- Filter function and capacitance and leakage measurements
- Polarisation Index, Dielectric discharge, Dielectric Absorption, Step voltage measurement
- 6 ranges: 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V, 10000V, 12000V. Fine adjustment of voltage setting at each range is also possible.
- Graphic representation of the insulation resistance and leakage current versus time on large display with bar graph and backlight.
- Can be operated from built-in rechargeable battery or from AC line.
- Automatic discharge after test with monitoring of the discharge voltage.
- Internal memory can store about 40,000 data (max).
- Robust design for field use with IP64 rating (with lid closed).
ISSWWW and Kewtech
One of our longest standing manufacturer partnerships and a brand that sells well day in day out for solid dependability and innovation at the price point.
Kewtech manufacture innovative, accurate and reliable test equipment that enables UK electrical contractors to undertake their testing obligations quickly and efficiently.
A product with the “Kewtech” brand has been specifically designed for the UK market by a team with many years of industry experience. We pride ourselves on developing and manufacturing products that have real benefit to the industry.
Kewtech have consistently introduce industry firsts, like our Lightmate testing adaptors, the Pat Adaptor, the MFT with PAT testing plus download and our award winning RB1 Replacement Lamp. Our 17th Edition multifunction testers lead the way in ease of use, loop accuracy and repeatability of reading.
|Kewtech KEW3128 High Voltage Insulation Tester|
|Max Measurement Value||500GΩ||1TΩ||2.5TΩ||5TΩ||35TΩ|
|Accuracy||0 - 50GΩ: ±5% rdg±3dgt (not guaranteed with setting of 250V or less)||100GΩ to 1TΩ: ±20% rdg||250GΩ to 1TΩ: ±20% rdg||500GΩ to 5TΩ: ±20%rdg||1T to 10TΩ: ±20% rdg|
|50G to 500GΩ: ±20%rdg (not guaranteed with setting of 250V or less)||10T to 35TΩ: values displayed, but accuracy isn't guaranteed|
|Short Circuit Current||Max 5.0mA|
|Load Resistor to Output Rated Voltage||0.5MΩ or more||1MΩ or more||2.5MΩ or more||5MΩ or more||20MΩ or more||24MΩ or more|
|Output Accuracy||0 to +20%||0 to +10%||0 to +10%||0 to +10%||-5 to +5%||-5 to +5%|
|Selectable Range||50 to 600V (in steps of 5V)||610 to 1200V (in steps of 10V)||1225 to 3000V (in steps of 25V)||3050 to 6000V (in steps of 50V)||6100 to 10,000V (in steps of 100V)||10100 to 12000V (in steps of 100V)|
|Measuring Range||DC voltage: ±30 to ±600V|
|AC voltage: 30 to 600V (50/60Hz)|
|Accuracy||±2% rdg ±3dgt|
|Measuring Range||5.0nA to 2.40mA (depending on the insulation resistance)|
|Measuring Range||5.0nF to 50.0μF|
|5.0nF to 1.0μF (display range: 5.0nF to 50.0μF)|
|Accuracy||±5% rdg ±5dgt|
|Withstand Voltage||AC8770V: between line terminal and enclosure/5 seconds (50/60Hz)|
|AC6880V: between the measuring terminal and enclosure / 5sec (50/60Hz)|
|AC2330V: between the power connector and enclosure / 5sec (50/60Hz)|
|Operating Temperature and Humidity Range||-10 to 50°C (RH: 85% or less - when operating with an external power supply, no condensation)|
|0 to 40°C (RH: 85% or less - when operating with battery, no condensation)|
|Storage Temperature/Humidity||-20 to 60°C (RH: 75% or less - no condensation)|
|Applicable Standards||IEC 61010-1 CAT IV 600V|
|Pollution Degree 2|
|IEC 60529 (IP64) - with lid closed|
|Power||Rechargeable lead storage battery (12V)
Charging time: approx 8 hours
AC Power Supply: 100 to 240V (50/60Hz)
Continuous measuring time approx 4 hours with a load of 100MΩ at the insulation resistance 12,000V range
|Dimensions||330 (L) x 410 (W) x 180mm (D) - instrument + hard case|
|Weight||9kg approx (including battery) - instrument + hard case|
Standard Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK
£2.95 for all all orders under £40.00 (exld vat). Sent by Royal Mail Tracked, delivered/posted within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard Free Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exld vat). Sent using FedEx, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express DPD Delivery 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using DPD on their Award Winning “Predict” Service with these great key benefits:
- You are given a one hour delivery window. (no more waiting in all day for your parcel)
- You are notified by text or e-mail on your parcels progress.
- Change of plan? You can easily use the text or e-mail to rearrange your delivery.
- Notifications on your parcel up to 15 minutes before delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a mobile number supplied, subject to availability.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Scotland, Isle of Wight & Isles of Scilly - £6.00
- Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland - £12.00 Zone C
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and Channel Islands - £14.00 Zone D
- Southern Island - £15.00 Zone E
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. £20.00 per parcel
- Austria, Denmark. £22.00 per parcel
- Liechtenstein, Switzerland £47.00 per parcel (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
- Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Spain. £28.00 per parcel
- Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden. £50.00 per parcel
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece (incl islands) Latvia, Lithuania, Romania. £60.00 per parcel
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Norway, Serbia. £85.00 per (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
If no shipping option is available to your selected country. Please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.