The ISS Calibration Check Card
Does the calibration of YOUR meter check out?
A verification unit is a necessary tool required by all tradesman working with electrics both in domestic and commercial environments.
The CalCard verification unit utilises a specific fixed range of resistance values, through which the ongoing accuracy and operation of test instruments between calibration periods can be verified.
This verification process is one of the mandatory requirements for meeting acceptable standards for all tradesman working in electrical environments. In the UK it is deemed one of the requirements to demonstrate “competence” of the tradesman by all inspectorates and the Health and Safety Executive.
What makes the national award winning CalCard the most popular choice with tradesmen and inspectorates is not just its size and affordability, but more importantly the ability to verify both the instrument and probes together.
The CalCard is one of the most affordable pieces of test equipment to meet compliance requirements.
*If you've already purchased your Cal Card and you're looking for our easy to follow setup guide, please click the image below.
Once you've set up your CalCard, you can grab our handy CalCard Record Sheet and RCD Record Sheet to log your recordings.
What has made the CalCard the most popular choice for Electricians?
The CalCard satisfies all appointed inspectorates, British and European standards and HSE requirements with regard to instrument continuity and insulation verification, reflected in the recommendations from all inspectorates and governing bodies.
This successful and innovative product when first introduced presented a new radical approach to the then large and expensive “Box” solutions. However after winning three national major electrical awards, followed by ELECSA and NICEIC endorsement with re-badging the CalCard has gained an excellent unchallenged reputation.
Simply search CalCard Forum to read some of the independent reviews.
Handy & Compact
Yes it really is credit card sized but more robust and not as flimsy. Manufactured in a tough resilient very strong multi-layered glass fibre construction 1.6mm thick. Incorporating a hole for the included key ring.
- Small enough to be stored with the instrument or even in your wallet.
- There when you need it
- Not lost in a toolbox or van
- Built tough for the engineering environment
- Integral Keyring for attachment to the instrument?
Test instrument contact is made through specifically constructed gold plated recessed touch pads.
Other Checkboxes and verification tools incorporate 4mm sockets, these not only limit the range of instrument but also require the removal of the instrument probes and clips to enable testing.
The CalCard works with all instruments and with whatever probes are connected to the instrument.
- Verified measurements include the instrument probes
- Recessed pads enable probe location
- Reliable, quick and repeatable
- Universal interface for all makes of instrument
- CalCard is the only checkbox that verifies the instrument and the probes together
An integral part of compliance is that users record their periodical measurements against an identifiable check source. These records then demonstrate to an inspector that users are performing the verification task.
This operation is simplified on the CalCard by the inclusion of an identification serial number and provision of base value recording grid on the rear of the CalCard.
These are then sealed with a protective covering providing an indelible record for inspectorates.
- Convenience for comparisons
- Traceable reference standards
- Indelible for inspector’s authentication
- Free downloadable record sheets*
*Please see our Resources section
The Cal Card is Recommended/Endorsed by the following industy bodies
Standard Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK
£2.95 for all all orders under £40.00 (exld vat). Sent by Royal Mail Tracked, delivered/posted within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard Free Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exld vat). Sent using FedEx, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express DPD Delivery 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using DPD on their Award Winning “Predict” Service with these great key benefits:
- You are given a one hour delivery window. (no more waiting in all day for your parcel)
- You are notified by text or e-mail on your parcels progress.
- Change of plan? You can easily use the text or e-mail to rearrange your delivery.
- Notifications on your parcel up to 15 minutes before delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a mobile number supplied, subject to availability.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Scotland, Isle of Wight & Isles of Scilly - £6.00
- Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland - £12.00 Zone C
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and Channel Islands - £14.00 Zone D
- Southern Island - £15.00 Zone E
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at email@example.com
- France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. £20.00 per parcel
- Austria, Denmark. £22.00 per parcel
- Liechtenstein, Switzerland £47.00 per parcel (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
- Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Spain. £28.00 per parcel
- Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden. £50.00 per parcel
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece (incl islands) Latvia, Lithuania, Romania. £60.00 per parcel
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Norway, Serbia. £85.00 per (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
If no shipping option is available to your selected country. Please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.