Megger LTW315 Earth Loop Tester
The entry-level tester in Megger's earth loop tester range, the LTW315 is used for carrying out 2 wire loop impedance measurements on phase to earth or phase to neutral.
Guaranteed not to trip working RCDs of more than 30mA thanks to a non-trip loop test and compatible with both three and single phase systems, this tester makes performing measurements easier by requiring the use of only 2 test leads in order to carry out measurement procedures. When there is no risk of tripping an RCD it is also possible to use high current loop testing mode.
When carrying out no-trip testing procedures the LTW315 constantly evaluates the level of noise detected on circuitry to ensure that the accuracy of results is not modified by the presence of electrical noise.
The Megger LTW315 is part of the LTW range of earth loop testers. The following table outlines the difference between each of the available models in this series.
Megger LTW315 Comes Supplied With:
- Megger LTW315 Earth Loop Tester
- BS1363 to 3 x 4mm Socket Leadset
- 2 Wire Leadset with Croc Clips
- Shuko Plug Test Lead – EU-SC
- AU/NZ Plug Test Lead – EU-AU
- Hard Carry Case
- User CD
- 2-wire loop testing procedures on phase to earth and phase to neutral
- Guaranteed to not trip out RCDs thanks to non-trip loop testing
- Noise detection filters out electrical noise that can create erratic readings
- Resolution down to 0.01Ω
- Portable lightweight instrument with tough carrying case encasing the tester
- AUTO start function starts testing as soon as the leads are connected
- PFC display up to 20kA
Megger LTW Series Selection Chart
|2-Wire Non Tripping Loop Testing||X||X||X||X|
|2-Wire Fast Test (High Current)||X||X||X||X|
|110V to 280V Applications||X||X||X||X|
|50V to 440V Applications||X||X||X|
|Phase to Phase Testing||X||X||X|
|20KA PFC Range||X||X||X||X|
|40KA PFC Range||X|
|AUTO Noise Detection||X||X||X||X|
|AUTO Start Loop Test||X||X||X||X|
|Max Zs Display||X||X||X|
|Backlit Display (White Light)||X||X||X||X|
|Built-In Front Cover (Foldaway)||X||X||X||X|
|IP54 Weatherproof Case||X||X||X||X|
|Accepts Rechargeable Batteries||X||X||X||X|
|Test Result Storage||X|
|Megger LTW315 Loop Tester|
|All accuracy statements are based on:|
|Ambient Temperature||23° ±2°C|
|Nominal Voltage Source||230V a.c ±1%|
|(ac only)||50V to 440V|
|Range||25Hz to 99.99Hz|
| A warning will be shown if applied voltage exceeds 440V.
Damage will occur if applied voltage exceeds 600V rms
|Loop Testing Accuracy|
|±5% ±0.03Ω||@230V a.c|
|±10% ±0.03Ω||@100V a.c and 280V|
|No Trip Loop and High Current Loop Test|
|Source Voltage||100V to 280V (49Hz to 50.1Hz)|
|Display Range||0.01 to 2000Ω|
|Accuracy||±5% ± 0.03Ω|
|No Trip Loop Test Nominal Current||15ma (at nominal 230V a.c supply)|
|High Current Loop Test||4A (at nominal 230V a.c supply)|
|Operational Range||0.30 to 1000Ω|
|Prospective Fault Current (PFC)|
|Prospective Fault Current||=Measured Source Voltage/Loop Resistance|
|Maximum Range||No Trip Mode: 20KA|
|Accuracy is derived from loop test and voltage measurement|
Complies with the following parts of EN61577:
|E.M.C||In accordance with IEC61326-1|
|Battery||8 x 1.5V Cells IEC LR6 Type (AA Alkaline)|
|Rechargeable||8 x 1.2V NiCd or NIMH Cells|
|Battery Life||2000 consecutive tests|
|Weight||1000g ±10% excluding test leads|
|Dimensions||203 x 148 x 78mm|
Standard Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK
£2.95 for all all orders under £40.00 (exld vat). Sent by Royal Mail Tracked, delivered/posted within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Standard Free Delivery 3-5 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
Included in the price for all orders over £40.00 (exld vat). Sent using FedEx, delivered within 3-5 working days from the date of your order, subject to availability.
Express DPD Delivery 1-2 Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£4.50 select at the checkout. Sent using DPD on their Award Winning “Predict” Service with these great key benefits:
- You are given a one hour delivery window. (no more waiting in all day for your parcel)
- You are notified by text or e-mail on your parcels progress.
- Change of plan? You can easily use the text or e-mail to rearrange your delivery.
- Notifications on your parcel up to 15 minutes before delivery.
Orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery and a mobile number supplied, subject to availability.
Next Day Delivery – UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£8.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for next day delivery, subject to availability.
Saturday Pre 12am - UK Mainland only - Zone A & B
£15.00 select at the checkout. Sent using FedEx, orders must be placed before 3pm for Saturday delivery.
Because of the high cost of carriage we need to apply a surcharge on all deliveries made in the following regions:
- Scotland, Isle of Wight & Isles of Scilly - £6.00
- Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland - £12.00 Zone C
- Scottish Islands, Isle of Man and Channel Islands - £14.00 Zone D
- Southern Island - £15.00 Zone E
International delivery charges are automatically added to your order at the checkout; you can also use the guide below for a guide on prices. For any questions regarding international deliveries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg. £20.00 per parcel
- Austria, Denmark. £22.00 per parcel
- Liechtenstein, Switzerland £47.00 per parcel (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
- Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Spain. £28.00 per parcel
- Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden. £50.00 per parcel
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece (incl islands) Latvia, Lithuania, Romania. £60.00 per parcel
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iceland, Norway, Serbia. £85.00 per (added cost for custom clearance surcharge)
If no shipping option is available to your selected country. Please call us on +44 (0) 1603 406 148 to purchase your items.